It is with great relief that we can confirm that Veterinary Surgeries are exempt from closure during the Covid-19 lockdown. However, as is the case across the country, it is necessary for us to alter the way in which we provide our service to reduce face to face contact, and so reduce the risk of viral exposure to both staff and clients. Based on guidance from our veterinary governing bodies we will be:
- Reducing our consulting times to 9-5 Monday to Friday, with appointments only for sick, injured or distressed pets.
- We will continue to provide 24/7 emergency care.
- Home visits will only be carried out after careful consideration of individual need and personal risk assessment.
- Where possible we will provide advice and, where appropriate, prescribe medication remotely.
- We will continue to supply essential repeat prescriptions.
- We will only be carrying out critical and emergency operation proceedures.
Please click here to see the government Covid 19 guidance for people with animals .
Please do not hesitate to contact us at the surgery if you have any problems or concerns.
We, at Holmer Veterinary Surgery, wish you all stay safe and well in these unprecedented times, and hope to reassure you that the health and welfare of your pets is, as always, of upmost importance to us.